Friday, May 18

Sprouts

I bought "Known-You" seeds from Eco-city for tomatoes and red coleus plant months ago but was stuck with a pile of work. The other day, when I finally managed to get a break from work (and from being ill), I thought about them. The main worry I had was, would they still germinate and sprout? After all, it's been months and I have to admit, I didn't quite take care of where to store these seeds. Nonetheless, I decided to try my luck with the tomatoes, since I just managed to get some nice planter pots from Daiso. Plus, I felt confident that my shelf would be an ideal place for the tomato plants.

It's only been 5 days since I planted those seeds and they have sprouted!! In addition, I now have seedlings from the lime and yellow watermelon we had at home recently. My husband scoffed at me when I dumped the lemon seed into the pot last night. Yes, I know lemons grow on trees. But hey, I can have it as a bonsai. I hope. Besides, I am of the opinion that it pays off to try dumping seeds into your existing pots because you never know what kind of surprise you might get.

Front right pot of baby lime plant. Cased in greenhouse from Ikea

Growing mess of yellow-watermelon seedlings

Tomato seedlings basking in the sun
So here's hoping all of you have fun trying out those seeds you've always thought of planting and may your little seedlings grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment